Thursday, January 30, 2014


I believe that you are never too old to watch a Disney movie. To some people it seems childish; to other people it seems stupid, silly and pointless. But in my opinion I think it is great to just be able to sit back and relax with your friends and/or family and just watch a movie that you can all get some form of enjoyment out of. I am 24 years old and proud to say that I still watch Disney movies. I know people that are 40-50 years old and they still go to the theaters to see the newest Disney movie and buy them. Even my mom (who is into her 60’s) still gets excited when she see a previews for the next new Disney movie.  I think that there is no shame in wanting to see the newest Disney movie. Just last week me and my 2 year old enjoyed watching Frozen (the newest Disney movie), and I have to say it is now on the top of our favorites list (along with Tangled and The Little Mermaid). I these days Disney is taking into account that parents watch movies with their children because they put material in the movies that only a adult would understand without making it graphic for the children to watch. I think that there is no parent out there that doesn’t watch Disney movies with their children and if or should I say when they watch them, whether they want to admit it or not, you know that they are enjoying it.  I think the whole reason Disney is trying to make their movies more enjoyable for everyone is so that families will have more of a reason to sit and watch a movie together and spend time together, and maybe make spending time together more of a family ritual.
308 words

1 comment:

  1. I also love Disney movies and I don't think it is silly, stupid, or childish. But, I am sure there are people out there that do. Where else can you entertain yourself for a couple hours without worrying about exposing your children to things far too advanced for their ears and eyes? I agree with your thought process on why Disney is trying to make their movies more enjoyable for all ages. In a society where everything is rushed and life is so expensive, we find ourselves having less and less time to spend with family that is truly uninterrupted. I can't think of a better way to bond with my three kids. We pop in a movie, huddle up on the couch, and eat popcorn. The most recent favorite of my youngest is "Rise of the Guardians". He is just over two years old and loves watching movies!

    ReplyDelete