Wednesday, February 12, 2014


As I sit here staring at a blank screen I find my mind wandering off. I can feel the warm sunshine on my shoulders; my toes are sunken into the sand, and the sound of the Caribbean music playing as I watch the waves crashing against the shore line. Mamma, mamma, mamma rings out from the other room. I am suddenly back to the reality of a heater on my shoulders, my toes in my sheep skin slippers and the sound of dance moms playing in the back ground, while my daughter jumps around dancing. Back from my mini mind vacation I realize that I have lots of school work ahead of me. And that it is still in the middle of winter, and any hope of being at a beach still a few months away. But I stay hopeful for the days that it does get a little bit warmer, and we are able to go outside and play, or go to the park and feed the ducks and geese. Those thoughts of the warm spring and summer days and fun times outside are what get me through these cold winter months.  Spring and summer are my favorite times of the year. Being able to be outside and enjoy the warm weather  during the day and at night makes it even that much more great. I would love to be able to live somewhere where it stays warm all year round and you don’t even have to stomp through the freezing cold snow, slip, and sometimes fall on your butt (which seems to happen to me multiple times a year no matter how I prepare).

1 comment:

  1. Heather - They, those who know, say that mini-vacations are good things. Maybe you can do what my daughter and I do for mini-vacations. We plan them for the occasional Saturday or Sunday. Sometimes we have a pj day other times a spa day, book day, or movie marathon day. I think they are important for both of us and it teaches her that it is important to slow down sometimes. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete